I don't have anymore pictures to post just an update on what's going on with us. Here we go with the rambling in bullet form. It is 1:20 in the morning so bare with me if things aren't spelt correctly and if anything doesn't make 100% sense. Thanks!
- For those of you that have kept up with us over the year this piece of information will not be a shock. Are you ready? We are moving yet again. Russell and I will be married for 4 years at the end of July and we have successfully moved all 4 of those years in the middle of the summer when it is like 100 degrees. One day we will figure out that the middle of summer is not fun for moving, but obviously we haven't been that smart yet. We really hadn't planned on moving this year at all. You think I am kidding, but when we made this move we said lets find somewhere to be for at least a few years. The older Riley got the more we started to rethink that plan. I was tired of an apartment, Russell and I were both tired of Dallas, and we were also both ready for a change. We looked into moving to Oklahoma where Russell went to school, but nothing was fitting and it just wasn't falling into place. We prayed about what we going to do and should we just stay. About a week before school was out everything fell into place and Russell got a job in Browsboro, TX. He took it and we haven't looked back since. Browsnboro is about 20 miles from Tyler, where I grew up. I am going to be teaching voice lessons and pre-school in Tyler and that is where we will be moving too. I am soooo excited to be close to both of our families. About 2 weeks ago everything fell into place and I am so comfortable with making this move.
- With this move comes packing boxes AGAIN! I do not despise packing as much this year as I did last year. Last years move was stressful and no fun and all. Granted this one is not fun, but I am finding it to be so much less stressful.
- Riley will be 13 months old tomorrow. I can't believe that he was born more than a year ago. I can't even begin to tell you the difference between last July and this July. I guess one thing I can tell you for sure is that I am getting more sleep. (except tonight)
- Oh yeah, not only am I going to be teaching voice lessons, I am going to be teaching piano lessons. (insert chuckle here) For those of you that don't know my love/hate relationship with piano you can ask me why that's funny if you feel you need to know, but I know some of you out there will understand. Let me just say I am only, let me repeat ONLY teaching beginner piano. I can do that!
- My sister came into town on Tuesday and will be here until August. I love it when she comes to Texas to help me pack. Thanks sis! You Rock!
- We have found a cute little rental house in Tyler. I am very excited about that. We won't have anyone living above or below us. I won't be awakened by elephants stomping on my ceiling and I can finally become an expert at Dance Dance Revolution without having to worry about the people below us complaining of loud noises. So excited about that. The house actually has a dining room that can act as a real dining room. I don't have to walk through the dining room to get to anything unless I choose too. I have never had that option before.
- I am excited to decorate. As I have been packing this year I have realized that I did not do a very good job decorating this apt. I knew we would eventually be moving and I kept so much stuff packed and really didn't add that many personal touches. I look forward to changing stuff around and making the house homey. I know it will take some time to get everything the way I want it, but this year I will be rested enough to think straight unlike last year when all I wanted to do was eat and sleep.
Well, I think I am finally ready to go to bed. This may be all you get for a few weeks. I hope it is good enough to tide you over. I will try to do better about putting up a few shots of the little boy. Speaking of pictures of the little one, can anyone tell me how to blog from my phone. I bought and older iPhone when the new ones were released. I know it can be done. That would make posting a pic every now and then much easier. Thanks in advance. Til next time....goodnight everyone!
2 comments:
Hey, I am not sleeping either, so might as well do some blogging right? That's great that you guys are moving to Tyler, maybe we will see you from time to time - Todd's parents live there so we are there a lot (I would love to move back to Texas sometime!) Good luck with everything, it sounds great!
I am so sad for me that you are moving because I will miss you. But, I am very happy for you and know that you guys are so excited.
Post a Comment