Monday: Poppyseed Chicken, with Green Beans and Rolls
Tuesday: Crockpot Chicken Tacos (Fix it lightly and Forget it)
- Wednesday: leftovers on own because of church
- Thursday: Provolone Chicken (Thanks Rach for the recipe that you gave me 4 years ago when we got married. This will be the first time I am using it.)
- Friday: Brown Sugar Chicken (Thanks again Rach), brown rice and green beans
- Saturday: Rosemary Pistaschio Pork Tenderloin with Broccoli and Roasted Potatoes
Russell started back to school this week and I have started teaching voice and piano lessons in the afternoon and early evenings. I won't be home most nights until 7. I don't have the luxury to throw something together at the last minute. I have been trying to do a meal plan for a long time. I hope I can stick with it. I would like to eventually get to the point of being able to do a monthly meal plan. When that happens I will let you know. I will try to share my recipes as often as I can, but I might forget everynow and then. This is a great way for me to get my recipes all typed out, in one place instead of trying to remember which cookbook it is in. In the words of Julia Childs "Bon Appetit". (If you haven't seen the movie Julia and Julie you should. I loved it)
Poppyseed Chicken
4 chicken breasts
1/2 cup of Sour Cream (i use the light kind)
1 can Cream of Chicken
Sleeve of Ritz crackers
1/2 a stick of butta
poppyseeds (as many or as few as you like. start with a T and go from there)
Boil chicken until it's done and then dice. Mix chicken with sour cream and cream of chicken soup. Put in an 8x8 pan. Melt butter. Crush crackers. Mix crackers, poppyseeds and butter together and spread on top of the chicken mixture. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
This is my go to recipe for something easy and super yummy. It's really easy to double for a crowd as well. There are so many different ways to make this. Look around and play with what works best for you and your family.
Have a good week!

2 comments:
Keep the next 4 weeks menus and them you will have you a full month worth. I took all 4 weeks and was able to figure out my staple items that I would need for the month too. It can be tedious at first but I promise it will be easier in a month or so. Way to go Sarah!! Way to go!
You will have to let me know how you like the Provolone Chicken...I think it is my recipe. Joe David describes it as one of his top ten foods! :) Riley is looking cute, love that hair. - Stef
Post a Comment