

That's right. Mary Poppins is my childhood hero. When I was little I am sure I watched this movie atleast once a week. I wanted so much to be able to snap my fingers to clean my room. Somehow that never worked. I still try it today and it still doesn't work. I know every song in the movie and I say things from the movie all the time that no one really gets except for my mom and dad since they usually had to watch it with me. Well, a few years ago Broadway took the movie and decided to make it into a live musical. Ever since then I have been obsessed again. As soon as I heard that Mary Poppins was going to be the State Fair musical I knew I had to see it. I knew Russell wouldn't go with me, one because musicals aren't his thing and two, he just doesn't understand my love for Mary Poppins, her carpet bag, and talking bird umbrella. So, I immediately called my mom and said will you and Daddy please go with me. She said of course. So on Sunday at 2 pm. I will get to meet the Broadway version of my childhood hero. I C.A.N.N.O.T. wait. I have been listening to the soundtrack this week and I am interested to see what things are different. I will let you know how it goes. Only 5 days!!!
3 comments:
She was one of my favorites growing up, too! Who wouldn't want to be "practically perfect in every way"? Have fun!
my favorite too! i bought it the other day so i can start getting the kids into it. i had a crush on dick van dyke when i was little :)
have fun!
your blog is so cute! and that's so funny about mary poppins... mary and i were talking the other day and she wants to be mary poppins for halloween; she is a pre-k teacher and they get to dress up this year!
mandy beard brooks
Post a Comment