This week I have been thinking a lot about 2011. I have been thinking about what kinds of resolutions I wanted to make in the new year. I had the normal thoughts of losing a few pounds, eating healthier, keeping my house clean and tidy all the time, you know the basic ones that come year after year. The more I thought about it the more I wanted to do something more in 2011 then just a few failed resolutions. Cause let's face it, I am pretty sure I have never stuck to a single resolution. I am making 2 real resolutions in 2011. OK maybe 3, but the third one is to just keep my accountable on the other 2.
1. My good friend, Susan, has inspired me to start blogging again. (this is the first Susan is hearing about this, so thanks, I appreciate you) OK so maybe not inspired me, but helped me look at blogging in a different way. I am making it my goal in the new year to post a picture of whats going on in our day, everyday. Since I started blogging I seem to get bog-downed and overwhelmed when I get behind. So instead of trying to only blog a lot about the "important" big events, I am going to keep it simple and post at least 1 picture everyday. I have this new awesome camera that my sweet, wonderful husband gave me for my birthday that will help me capture these daily moments, but I will also use my phone some days. I am looking forward to this and can't wait. I guess we will find out in 365 days if I am able to stick with it.
2. I recently (today) ran across Beth Moore's Blog and was reading through and found this post about a Scripture Memory Team. I am going to do it. I am going to learn 24 new verses this next year. This past month or two I have really felt like I have needed a little more God in my life. I feel like I have done a lot of talking to Him and that he has been a great listener, but I haven't felt like I am doing my part to listen to Him. I am hoping that by getting into the word more maybe I can become a better listener. I will start tomorrow with these verses from James 1:2-3, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance."
3. To make sure I complete the two resolutions above.
I am looking forward to everything that 2011 will bring. 2010 has been a great year for the most part. As I am sitting back looking at all the things that have happened, the blessings and good definitely outweighs the bad.
I hope you are ready to see each days memory regardless of what it may be. I am a little worried about what you guys may witness everyday. Some days the pictures may be less than inspired, but it's my blog I can do what want.
Here's to the end of one more year and the beginning of a new year full of new memories.
Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yea! i can't wait to see you on a "daily" basis! Happy New Year, Sweet Sarah! So glad to have inspired you! :)
Yea! I am looking forward to reading your daily posts. We miss you guys!
Hey lady! I'm excited about both of your resolutions. I'll read along on all of the new posts, and I'm memorizing along with you, Beth, and all the other ladies. So, we can encourage one another on the memorization part.
What's your first verse?
Mine is Psalm 25:5
"Lead me in your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation,
For You I wait all the day."
Sending love!
I'm so excited to hear that you'll be blogging again! I miss you & this gives me a glimpse into your life. And the scripture memorization is definitely a great goal!
Post a Comment