Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Just a few random things...

So I know that I have allowed Russell to take over the blog, but there are just a few things I wanted to say and I thought I could also put on some cute pictures.
-
Let's start off with the fact that after 4 weeks of being a mom I love everything about this new title. I have been a lot of things over my 25 years, but Mom is going to be my favorite! I must admit that the middle of the night feedings and the occasional crying sessions do wear on me, but that doesn't change how much I love him. I didn't think it would be possible to love Riley this much, but as I told Russell the other day I am pretty sure that every time I look at him I love him a little bit more. I mean, how can you look at this picture and not love this little guy.

On Monday Riley's honorary Aunt Allison came to meet him. She is going to be having a little one of her own in Janurary. I can't wait to meet him or her.This is Riley's favorite sleeping position. I think he might dream of little frogs all the time.
The week I was supposed to have between the end of school and Riley getting here I had a few things I was going to finish. Well, as we all know I didn't have that week because he got here a little early. Finally after 4 weeks I finished the last of the room decorations. I think they turned out rather well even if the bows are a little messy. He's a baby and a boy so I am pretty sure he won't ever care.
Now onto the most important part of this blog...
Riley's Daddy
Here are just a few great things about Riley's dad:
*He doesn't complain when he has to get up in the middle of the night to change his diaper before I feed him.
*Riley loves to cuddle with his daddy.
*Riley loves to watch the Rangers with his daddy.
*I wouldn't have made it through the last 4 weeks if it hadn't been for Russell. He has put up with a few tears, probably a little bit of an attitude every now and then, and he lets me take naps whenever I need one.
-
I have been so thankful to have Russell here with me everyday. I think it has made the adjustment to parenthood easier than it could have been. Thanks for everything you have done for me honey and all the ways you have been there for me. I can't wait to see all the things you and Riley do as he gets older.

7 comments:

katie and matt said...

Love, love, love every single picture you post!!!

Melissa Taylor said...

I was just catching up, so I had to read a few blogs. You guys look like you're doing great. I love the cousin pictures with Norah. So cute. It is nice being a mommy, huh? It's the best job in the world (even as it gets harder)!

Jodi said...

Awwwwwwwww... :)

have a lovely said...

it was so good to hear your voice and hear the adventures of mommyhood.

I love seeing his precious pictures and what a blessing of a daddy he has!!

Leah (Galloway) Flores said...

Hey Sarah! Not sure if you remember me but I worked with you at Deer Run summer of 2000. I can't believe I came across your blog. Wow, you and Sparky are parents, congrats! Tell honorary Aunt Allison I said hi too. I taught her badminton at ACU. Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

Hi precious Sarah! I love seeing how and your baby are doing! I kind of blog-stalk you but in a good way. I sure do miss you! Your baby is presh!

tleaf10 said...

Updates ... I need updates!
-TL