On January 4th Russell celebrated his 27th birthday. I had every intention of blogging about it sooner than now, but things happen. Atleast I am getting to it now. He had to work on his birthday which is no fun, but I think he had an ok day. He got home from school and I told him we had dinner reservations for 6 and he couldn't wear jeans. When I said that his first question was, "Am I going to like this?" Like I was going to plan something on his birthday that he wouldn't like. Well, we got ready to go and I let him open one of his presents before we left. It went with a present he was getting himself later. So if he didn't like it he could take it back and trade it in. Here he is opening his present.

We left and went to dinner. I took him to Boi Na Braza. It is a Brazilian steak house. They have a full salad bar with all kinds of things on it and that's where all of the side dishes are as well. You have a card on your table that looks like a stop sign. The green side means GO give me lots of meat and the red sign means NO THANK YOU not right now. There are guys that walk around with huge skewers of meat and ask you if you want some. I think there were like 15 different kinds of meat. It was really good and Russell was very happy with my surprise dinner plans. This is a picture of us after dinner. I really thought Russell was going to have to roll me out of there. I probably ate more in that one sitting of dinner than I had eaten in one sitting since I got pregnant.

Now we are back at the apartment and Russell is opening his presents. We were both soooo full that birthday cake was not an option. I really took a chance with his birthday presents I got him such a great christmas present that I had no good ideas for his birthday.

He was a little bit more excited about the watch than the belt.


This was his present that he bought himself with his Christmas and birthday money. He was very excited about it. It really does have such a great picture. I will not lie about that.

After we put his new toy together we did birthday cake, I mean cupcakes. I put 7 candles in 2 cupcakes to symbolize 27. I thought 27 candles might be a fire hazard.


He was a little disapointed in not getting them all in one blow. They were sparkler candles. They didn't sparkle very well though. Oh well!

Well, that sums up his birthday. I think he had a good one. Maybe he will let you know something else about it when he proofs my writing. I have a Dr. appointment on Friday and then we find out next Thursday if we are having a boy or a girl. I am soooooooooo excited about that. I can't wait to know. I am also headed down to Orlando this weekend to see my good friends Kyndall and Sarah. It is going to be a great girls weekend! I hope everyone has a great week and weekend. I will hopefully post next week. Bye for now!
1 comment:
Awww ... Happy birthday to Sparky again! I was there when you got the belt! I can't believe you find out next thurdsay - that's crazy! I've been to one of those meat places before and LOVED it but I think it would really improve them if they brought around huge chunks of cheese too ... eh?! Okay, well have fun in Orlando! Love ya,
-TL
Post a Comment