Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm going to pretend that it hasn't been 10 days since I last posted, and I ask the same out of you. As you can guess, we have been very busy the past week and a half, and it doesn't really seem to slow down. We are firmly in the final stages of life as just the two of us. Sparky Jr. is due on the the 16th of June, which is about 25 days away. In my limited experience with pregnancies, I have learned that the baby usually doesn't come on its due date. So from here on in, every day could be baby day in my book. And because of this thought process, everytime Sarah calls me, my heart jumps a little bit, especially when she calls me in the middle of coaching a soccer game, which she knows I am coaching. That happened last night, but she was just calling from the grocery store to see what I wanted from dinner. I had to politely remind her I was coaching and that I couldn't talk to her on the phone. Just the life of a soon-to-be-father.
-
Speaking of which, this past weekend I got to make my favorite car trip. That's right, a round trip to Abilene in a single day. Ok, not a fun trip, but it was a good day. While in college, Sarah developed a close relationship with Debbie Riggs, and the two have stayed close to this day. Debbie was basically Sarah's college mother, and today she is a very talented photographer. She did our engagement and wedding photos. So it only made sense that we would get Debbie to do some maternity pictures for us. We started out the day with Debbie and her assistant Mark, also known as her husband, taking us out to eat at their favorite restaurant, The Beehive. We then walked around downtown Abilene a little to certain spots Debbie knew would be great for picture taking. After spending an hour there, we went out to a house that backed up to the lake and took some pictures by the water. If you click on Debbie's name under the "friends and family" links you can see how some of them turned out.
-
Sarah has been preparing her choir for their Spring concert all week. Tomorrow is the big show, and she has been a little frazzled about it. But today she proclaimed that they were ready and were going to do a great job. I will report back with a full review at a later time. As most of you who read this know, this is weekend is the 50th anniversary at dear ol' Deer Run. Hopefully Sarah's doctor will grant us permission to travel on Friday, because this promises to be a great final trip for us to make before the baby arrives. I am sure we will see many of you there.
Here is a picture taken about 10 days ago when Sarah was a mere 35 weeks pregnant. We didn't get around to taking a 36 week picture, but many of you can see her and her belly on Saturday. Sarah wanted me to ask for any advice about what to pack into her hospital bag. You can post your thoughts here, or just tell her this weekend. Talk to you soon.


4 comments:

Jodi said...

If you perhaps have the book "Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy," take everything in her list in your hosp bag. I followed it to a tee, and I needed everything I took and nothing I didn't. :)

See you Sat!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Can't wait to see y'all tomorrow! The maternity photos look great.

Hattie said...

I have not advice for hospital bags! But, the pictures look fabulous. She is a very good photographer (with great subjects!)!

have a lovely said...

precious pics!!! I can't wait to see pics as a family of three!! Hope you enjoy these lst few weeks of anticipation...praying many blessings for a safe and swift delivery!