Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Weekend at Home

I don't know why it is, but me and Sarah seem to always be going somewhere on the weekends. Its great to be able to go see people, or be busy during our time off, but man it feels nice to just stay home for a couple of days. I tried real hard to enjoy it, because we have things planned the next two weekends.
Sarah had really been wanting to go to a Rangers game before Sparky Jr. is born. Since we were going to be home this weekend, I decided to get us tickets for this past Friday. I grew up going to Rangers games, and will go anytime I get a chance. Now, one of the greatest suprises of our marriage is the fact that Sarah really enjoys going to the ballpark as well. We try to make it to a few games every summer, which of course probably will change this summer, seeing how we have other plans set in stone. I love going to the ballpark to watch the baseball, whereas I'm pretty sure Sarah likes going for the food. And she decided to play up the whole pregnancy and strange food angle by getting garlic fries and a cup of fruit. Yep, that was my baby momma's dinner. She had a fatboy(ice cream sandwich with chocolate chip cookies) for desert. I think she enjoys being pregnant. Even though we go to several games a summer, Sarah insists we take several pictures every time, usually the exact same pictures that were taken at all the other games. So here's picture of me and Sarah in front of our seats.
And here is a picture of the video board during the great dot race, which red won by the way.
And finally here is a picture of the view from behind home plate towards the outfield. I do love going to the game and looking out at that view.
After the Rangers game it sure was nice to be able to come home sleep late on Saturday morning in my own bed. I don't really know when the last time was I was able to do that. I realize that those days are probably going to come to an end very quickly, but I will enjoy them while possible.
Part of the reason for staying home this weekend was to try and get some stuff done on the baby's room. Much to my dismay, this meant I had to clean my closet. This may come to a suprise to some, but I am not the cleanest person in the world. I tend to just throw stuff down on the floor of my closet. I am proud to announce that my that my cleaning job passed Sarah's inspection, and our baby now has a clean closet. Sarah spent her time working on putting all of the bedding together so that our child has a cute place to sleep when he gets here. Sarah is super proud of it, so here are some pictures of our son's bedding.

Well, we are only 5 weeks away from D-day. Everything is starting to come together, and we are getting pretty excited. I'll post again in a day or two with a picture of Sarah and her 35 week pregnant belly. Until then.

5 comments:

*Kendra* said...

Glad we got to see yall yesterday! It's good to know we all love that place---we can meet there again in a couple of weeks. Pregnancy cravings can be crazy! Glad yall enjoyed the game--or atleast some good food!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Besides looking forward to an actual baby, the best part of pregnancy is the food, hands down, in my book. You can eat all day, and no one can say anything. It justifies buying that extra half-gallon of Blue Bell and ordering a hunger-buster combo when you husband offers to get ice cream after church. It makes possible days that start with Cracker Barrel and end with Mercado's. It's great.

Michael and Katie said...

Hey Sarah and Sparky! I'm excited to hear about your little one. Michael and I just had our first little girl in March and it's the best thing that's ever happened to us! Good luck with everything and we'll be thinking and praying for you guys!

katie (allen) clark

have a lovely said...

countdown to baby!!! His room looks great!!

The Brown Family said...

The room looks great! And I just wanted you to know that I finally updated my blog. Check it out. I am getting so excited for this baby boy to get here. Summer is going to be a blast.