Alright, first things first, I apologize. I stated from the beginning that I would write several times a week, and I have failed miserably. But I think that will change now. We have a new computer setup at home and I feel more willing to write. Ok, now that that's over, on to what has been going on in our lives, mainly focusing on our weekend.
On Friday, we left school as soon as possible, and headed to Tyler for a choir concert. Sarah's dad joined a choir in Tyler and had a concert this past Friday. Sarah figures her dad has seen over 30 concerts in which she has performed, so she really wanted to be able to attend a concert where he performed. Now, choir concerts are not my cup of tea, but I honestly enjoyed the times that Billy Ray was on stage. Unfortunately, that was only about half the concert. I could have done without the half-hour solo tribute to Nat "King" Cole. The guy doing it thought he was in a Las Vegas lounge. Hopefully next time, Billy Ray will have a solo.

As soon as the show was over we split and headed to my favorite place in the world, Camp Deer Run. We had a Young Marrieds class retreat out at camp and had a wonderful time. There were eleven couples make the long 2 hour voyage to camp on Friday, where lots of basketball was played by the men, horseshoes were thrown by both men and women, and fellowship was enjoyed by all. Since my wife is over seven months pregnant, we decided to skip out on the bunk beds, and stay in the nurses cabin. Great call! It was nice to have a our own bathroom, and not have to worry about loud snoring. Plus, I feel that I've put in my time in the cabins. I vow to never sleep in one again.

Part of the camp experience is a sweet cookout. The plan was to go up the Red Buzzard, but there was a silent rebellion, and we ended up having a "cookout" at the All-Night-Prayer Pit. It was fun though. About the time we needed to get a fire started, I had to run and find a lighter. When I came back I found some logs assembled in what was supposed to be a fire. But it was never going to work. I let the fire builder try out his way, but after 10 paper towels, I had to ask if I could tear it down and start over. It was really funny watching a bunch of city boys try to build a fire with wet wood, and then have to come in a fix it. I guess that's just one of those things you learn at camp, and is fun to show off from time to time. We cooked some hot dogs, and even had some smores. It just feels so right to be around a fire at camp. It was great to be home.

Well, we are in the middle of week 33 on the baby watch. We have another fun weekend ahead, but I will save that for the next post. Here is the latest belly picture. I'm signing off to watch the greatest show ever...LOST!!

5 comments:
I miss you both so MUCH!! I am jealous that you got to go out to camp ... I am crossing my fingers to be able to make it to the 50th. It will be one of those last minute decisions by my bosses. Sarah you look GREAT! I am lovin baby Fitz more every time I see you :) Love ya,
-TL
I can't wait to be at CDR in a couple of weeks. Sarah looks good, and Billy Ray looks good in a tux!
I would have rebelled too, Red Buzzard is far, if memory serves me correctly!
Sarah you are cutie patootie!!!
Red Buzzard? Of all the cookout places, you wanted to go there? :)
I think the nurses cabin was a good call. I don't think I could even climb up on a top bunk anymore!
This post makes me even more ready for the reunion weekend to get here! And that's so neat about the new choir star! Hey, I hope you showed off building that fire in a humble way.
Post a Comment