Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 19, 2008

From 2 to 3

Well, we have been home now for about a week, and I feel that all three of us are doing a good job of adjusting to our new life together. Riley is doing a great job of eating, pooping, crying, and sleeping. Sarah feels better every day. What more could I ask for. Not much has happened in the past few days. I've been trying to think of things to relay to you, but could really only come up with one story. It is pretty sad, but the most exciting things to happen in my life the past few days have involved pee and poop. And to make matters worse, its not my pee or poop. Riley is a very mischevious little child, since he has pooped on me not once, but twice. One just barely got on my fingers, but another time he shot it all the way onto my shirt. I was impressed at first, but this isn't a talent that will make me rich in 20 years. I need Riley to get good at something important so he can take care of me and Sarah in our golden years. But, shooting poop is a start I suppose. Poop is not the only thing he has been shooting lately, as I'm sure this picture will show you.
Here is a picture of Riley sleeping with his favorite Mommy.
My grandmother Dorothy came over on Wednesday. She was at the hospital when Riley was born, but didn't get to hold him because she needed to leave so she wouldn't be driving in the dark. Well, she made up for that, and held onto him tightly. She is in love.
He is a REALLY good sleeper.
He is also really good at giving a blank stare.
Riley started down on my lower chest here, and climbed all the way to the top of my shoulder. What strong legs he has.
I am proud to say that for the past two nights, Riley has woken his mommy and daddy once. He slept for over 5 hours straight two nights ago. This was a very welcomed suprise for me and Sarah. I don't really know what we did to cause this, but we like it. Hopefully it is a sign of things to come. Riley has his first doctors appointment tomorrow, and hopefully the doctor will confirm what me and Sarah already know: that he is perfect.


9 comments:

have a lovely said...

the new mommy was so very wise a while ago to hand over the blogging to the new daddy...what creative stories he clues us in on! :)

Even when simple to ya'll...I am sure I can speak for many...I love seeing Riley updates. He is just PRECIOUS and his mommy and daddy look blissful!!! Parenthood looks good on you!!! We love ya'll!!!

Jodi said...

Yes, I agree that parenthood definitely seems to agree with you both! And man, are you not only blessed with an adorable little guy, but LUCKY too! Sleeping 5 hours straight... are you KIDDING ME?!?! Reagan didn't do that until she was like 5 months old. Nice work, kid. Keep it up!

Kaela said...

um, you still have a lilypie ticker that currently says you are 40 weeks pregnant. just fyi. (insert giggle here)

Hattie said...

I'm so glad things are going well. Riley is adorable. I love the picture of him sleeping on Sarah. Can't wait to see you all again!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

He is so sweet! That's great he's letting y'all sleep that long at a stretch--J.J. was two before he slept that long at night!

Anonymous said...

Sarah and Sparky! Oh my goodness he is SO adorable!!!! I am so excited for you guys! And guess what?! I had a dream last night that I painted your nursery for you. Crazy, I know. But I think that lets you know that you guys have been on my mind. Seriously, he is cutey cutey. I love you guys and I am SO happy for you!!
Kasey Lee Wilson

erin f. said...

Why didn't I know you had a blog??? Or a BABY! Yea! Congratuations, he is beautiful and perfect...how wonderful!

*Kendra* said...

Update Sparky---more pictures please! :)

Debbie said...

You, Russell, are going to have your blogging license revoked if you don't give us some more pics of that perfect baby! PLEASE!!!!!

(btw...I'm headed to Dallas this week!)