This whole blogging thing has made me feel like I have all kinds of power. I have had a few people get a little upset with me because I hadn't posted any pictures in a while. I guess I just needed a little begging to motivate me to get at it again. So I have put all kinds of pictures in this post of a pretty cute little boy. I am also happy to fill you in on the past week of our life. I've learned that with a little baby around, excitement isn't what it used to be. But that's alright, because what excites us today is watching our son grow. Can't say I've seen a whole lot of growth yet, but I'm sure its there and is exciting.
-
Riley is doing well. I've learned that bragging about something spectacular that you child has done is sometimes not a good idea, because it might come back to bite you in the butt. I mentioned that during one of his first nights home, Riley slept for an amazing 5 1/2 hours straight. Oh how I long for that night to come back for a visit. Riley sleeps real well during the day, and not so much at night. He likes to wake up, eat, and then just stay awake. Its not that big of a deal, I just feel that he misled his mom and I. Sarah has done an admirable of using the day to sleep as well.
-
Riley got tired of staying home, so he decided it was time to get out of the house for something other than a doctors appointment. So we took him to our Small Group on Wednesday night. He was so excited he could hardly stand it. Riley decided the best way to handle the excitement was to just sleep through the entire time out. He stayed in his carrier for almost three hours, never opening his eyes to those meeting him for the first time.
-
Since our Small Group was a success, we decided that we could take Riley to the wedding of Cole Ford and Tiffany Sharbine. I had been touting this as Riley's first public appearance (small group only had about 10 people, so that didn't count) and was really happy that we were able to make it. There were so many people there that had wanting to see Riley, it was great to be able to introduce him to them. Riley did such a wonderful job, he was awake for the entire time we were there, which was probably about 2 1/2 hours. He didn't get fussy until the very end, and I can't blame him, it was a lot to take in.
-
We planned last week to go to church on Sunday morning. It didn't happen. Riley was up for much of the night, and to top it off, our electricity went off, which usually spells doom for me and Sarah. We sleep with the soothing hum of a wonderful box fan, and if it goes off, we wake up. Its a terrible curse. Well, this Saturday night the electricity stayed on all night, so Riley was finally able to make it to church. We go to the early service which starts at 8 am. That is so stinking early, but most of our friends go then, and it is so great to have gone to church, then class, then eat, and still be home by 12. Only this week we didn't make it all the way through class. Riley did well during church, mainly because he was in the back eating. But about halfway through class Sarah stuck her head in the door and said, "Let's go!" Two people in my family were crying. So it was time to go. But all in all, Riley did a great job meeting so many new people this weekend.
-
Pictures!!
-
Riley after a bath.
Canaan, Rachel and Levi Burkett. Its crazy, but when I first went to college, Canaan was about the size that Riley is here in this picture. Its was really great to see the Burketts at the wedding.

4 comments:
Thank you, Russell! :)
Great post Sparky! We wish we could have been at the wedding to meet Riley! I will just have to be patient I guess.
Sounds like y'all are adjusting to life as three really well. He is just so cute. Sorry the sleeping at night didn't work out--I think that's a learned behavior that occurs between two and three years of age. No, for real, we remember those days, or nights, rather, and it is not altogether fondly, but "this, too, shall pass," and sleep is overrated anyway. Y'all take care!
can't get enough of his precious pics! He is just a cutie...that you already know! Sarah you look so good and happy as can be as mommy!!!
Post a Comment