Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 14, 2008

Hot Springs...or not...or Yep!

Well here we go. Sarah has been trying to get me to take over this wonderful blog, and I have finally given in. In all honesty, I've been wanting to do some writing and I think this is a good way to get started. Hopefully those of you that enjoy reading Sarah will also enjoy reading Russell/Sparky. I will do my best to make sure everyone is kept up to date on our little boy that will be joining us soon. For those of you keeping score at home, we are exactly nine weeks away from our due date, June 16th. I wouldn't mind him coming 3 days late. See if you can figure out why.
Last Thursday, April 3rd, I left school headed for Tyler to stay the night with my parents and then head to Hot Springs Village in Arkansas for a weekend golf outing with my dad, uncle and 13 other guys. This trip had been planned for several months, and was something that my dad and I were both looking forward to. I got to Tyler around 7:00 and my uncle Bruce was supposed to arrive around 10:00. Bruce was the ringleader of this trip and was coming to Tyler from College Station. Around 9:00 my dad called Bruce to see when he would be arriving, but had to leave a message. Around an hour later, Bruce called my dad back and said he would be there in about a week. The next couple of minutes were a bit of a blur to me, but I do remember my dad's face going white, and him saying "WHAT!!! You're joking!!" Bruce wasn't joking.
Somewhere, somehow, someone dropped the ball on the communication. To say that me and dad were upset is underselling it just a tad. We both took Friday off and had been really been looking forward to the weekend. Instead of golfing in Hot Springs Village on Friday, we settled for golfing in Wolfe City. It still turned out to be a good day.



These three pictures though, are not from Wolfe City. They are from Hot Springs Village. Luckily, Dad and I got to go on the trip, just a week later than we thought. It was a great trip. Four rounds of golf over a three day period makes for a great weekend. The courses were a little wet on Friday and Saturday, and the wind blew as if we were in North Texas, but the courses, and the company made it a whole lot of fun.

While I was out of town, Sarah's mom came to Dallas to spend the weekend with Sarah. I'm not really sure what they did, but I would imagine it involved the baby. On Sunday morning Sarah's dad and Granny came up and the four of them went to church and then came back to the apartment.
Finally, here is 31 week pregnant Sarah. She said she felt big today. I don't claim to be an expert, but I think when you are pregnant you get big. But I think it is a beautiful big.

Well, that's about it for my first blog post. I promise to have at least 2-3 of these a week. Some will be long, some will be short. Hopefully all will be enjoyable.


6 comments:

katie and matt said...

Great first blog post, Russell!

~Katie

*Kendra* said...

Good job Sparky! But, for us girls who read this---more talk about the baby, less golf talk! :)

Jodi said...

Welcome Spark!! :)

"Beautiful big..." You are just scoring points right and left. :) Good boy.

Mary said...

I had to check to confirm if I was right (and I was) - It would be grand to have Juneteenth for a birthday!

Great first blog entry!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Good job Russell on not using the
3-letter f word in describing your beautiful, prego wife.

I can't wait to meet the little guy and when you take him to his first Dave Matthews concert, you can guarantee that Jeff and I will join you all! :)

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Beautiful big--that's the kind of talk moms like to hear! Great job! Y'all are sure in our prayers each day!