One more night. That's it. I am starting to feel as if this hospital is becoming my home. I can't imagine what it is like for Sarah being stuck in the bed for 95% of the time. Well, and I would imagine that Riley thinks he is home, since the hospital is where he has spent his entire life. Sure, that life has only been 48 hours long, but its been spent in the hospital. Even though we are all getting hospital fever, it has been the best hospital trip I've ever had. Tomorrow when we go home we get to take a cool toy home with us. So far this toy only does about three tricks...Eat, sleep, cry. But we love all three tricks. Sarah is doing great. The doctor came by today and looked at her staples and said she looks very good. She is still sore, but first thing she said this morning was that she already felt better than at any point the previous day. It has been a lot of fun to have so many people come by and see our new son. I know many of you who came will read this, and we want to tell you thank you very much. The hospital can be a very boring place, but your visits have brightened our days. I didn't get to take many close up of Riley his first day, but we have tried to make up for that.
-
Here is Riley with his deep blue eyes looking right at you.
-
Riley will go home on Friday and get to meet all kinds of family and friends this weekend. It has been a great start a new chapter in our lives. We know it will only get better and can't wait to see what God has planned for us.

7 comments:
He already looks different! But still just as cute. I can't wait to see him this weekend and his Mommy and Daddy of course. Love all 3 of you!
Rach
Oh my WORD those CHEEKS! I just wanna squeeze 'em! :) He is such a handsome little guy... seriously, congrats you guys! Glad your hospital stay sounds like it was better than ours, and hope going home is just fabulous. Keep up those 2 best tricks, Riley... eating and sleeping... for the sake of your dear parents. ;)
You forgot about the "poo" trick. So he really has 4 tricks. Oh, and Hannah loves looking at his pictures and can't wait to see him. Love you guys.
Congratulations!!! He is absolutely beautiful. I am so happy for you guys. Look forward to meeting the little guy!
Love you both.
He is perfect! Congratulations!
Oh, he is so sweet! Sarah looks so much like Rebekah with her glasses now! So glad that everything is going well--y'all are sure in my prayers!
He's soooo cute!!! Can't wait to meet him!
Post a Comment