Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Riley's First Weekend at Home

After spending four nights in the hospital, I can't tell you how great it has been to be home for a few days. Don't get me wrong, our visit to the hospital was by far the greatest hospital trip I have ever made. Everyone from nurses, to doctors, to technicians, to custodians were unbelievably nice and treated us so well. But four nights there was way more than enough. Riley told me more than once that he was really excited about getting to go home. We were released around 4:00 Friday afternoon, and got home about 15 minutes later. You know how you always see new dad's driving slowly when leaving the hospital with their new baby for the first time? I did that. Except Riley was asleep and I wasn't worried about him. I had to drive slowly because Sarah was not a fan of the bumps. She was pretty sore. Too bad we had to go over railroad tracks first thing out of the hospital. Oops. But we made it home just fine, she wasn't bleeding, or even crying, so I think it was alright. When we got home we had Sarah's mom here waiting for us with a well-stocked pantry and fridge. She was a huge help our first couple of days at home with Riley. Unfortunately she had to leave early today to go see her newest grandchild, Norah Taylor Dean, who was born this morning.

-

Sarah picked out Riley's "going home outfit" months ago, and was very excited to finally dress him in it. She knows that I pretty much only wear Nike, so I think she decided to start the whole "Like father like son" thing.

Sleeping in the car seat and he's still in the hospital. I guess that's just a baby reflex. Carseat...sleep.
Ok, two of us are really excited to go home. Can you guess who they might be?
FREEDOM!!!!
Coming home together for the first time.
Part of the whole baby process is getting to see so many people who come to see the baby. I like to think that maybe they also have a little bit of desire to see me and Sarah as well, but the way they react to seeing Riley tells me that they don't care about us. I decided to post a few pictures of friends and family that came to gander at Riley. If you are reading this and don't see your picture, its because you didn't come see us. If you had, maybe you would see yourself on this blog.

-

This is Sarah's really good friend Sarah and her husband Ty. They came all the way from Fayetteville, AR to see Riley. I just won't mention that they just happened to be in Ft. Worth on the day he was born.

Here are my grandparents Louie and Marilyn. Riley is their first great-grandchild.
Here is my really good friend of 25 years Caleb Panter and Addi. They came from Edmond, OK with Luke Panter to see Riley. I think Addi left ready to have a baby. Sorry Caleb.
Aunt Rachel has been to see Riley twice this weekend. Tack that on to the times she saw him in the hospital, and she is easily winner in the "trips to see Riley contest".
Sarah's parents so goodbye to Riley
Finally, I know that all you really want to see is Riley. So here he is. Nothing but Riley Daniel Smith. I'm biased, but my goodness he is pretty stinking cute.




I have tried so hard to figure out how to get a video on here, and just can't do it yet. I am closer today than I was a day or two ago. I want to get it directly to the blog, but the link should work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvLnKdxOdDo
This is the video of most of the family meeting Riley for the very first time. I think it turned out great.
Tomorrow I will post a picture of what Riley did to the wall today.


10 comments:

have a lovely said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
have a lovely said...

happy father's day russell!!! He is absolutely beautiful {hope I am allowed to say that about your boy ;) }

I wish I good have given you a high five, sarah a hug, and riley kisses on his precious cheeks before we left Texas, but we were on our flight out when he made his arrival. He is just precious and I am so thankful for all the blog updates and pictures during such a busy precious time!!!

give the precious momma hugs and kisses from me please!!!!!

Amanda and Paul said...

Baby Riley is so precious!! It is fun to see all the pics with the family. I guess Luke and his wife had their baby- congrats. It is so neat they are close in age. Enjoy your time as parents!!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Yeah! I love it! I am going to steal that idea from you guys b/c neither Jeff nor I want to share the name when are little one comes one day-we want to surprise the family! And...Sarah is right, Riley has Rachel's nose. Especially noticeable from the picture above of her cradling him! Praying for you guys-I will come visit when things settle down with Jeff's family-keep us in your prayers, it's not going well.

Jodi said...

You are SO right... he is stinkin' adorable! Wish I could come see you too!!! Enjoy your time at home... it can be rough but SO worth it! Love y'all!

jaymie said...

way to go! he's so cute! Hope all is well at home...what a great time to have a baby...summer for both parents! Have fun!

Kaela said...

i am completely in love with that little face. i have looked at this post like 10 times already, i just can't get enough!! i NEED to figure out a time to come see Riley soon!! its killing me!

*Kendra* said...

Sparky--I've decided that he does look like you. And, I'm not too mad that I DID come see Riley, although there isn't a picture of me on the blog. I looked like crap that day anyway so you're not in the dog house! :)

Kyla said...

Riley is adorable. Congratulations you two. You have so much fun in store for you. Gabe is ten months old and it has been a blast.

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Does he have a double chin? Just adds to his charm. You do have one handsome son, there! We sure are happy for y'all!