Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Trip to Searcy for real

I am finally getting around to putting some pictures on for all of Riley's fans. We started out our trip by going to Gilmer to see Mimi and Papa and spend the night with them to help break up the time in the car. We had a great time and were so glad to see them.
Here is Riley with Mimi.


Riley got to take his first bath in Mimi and Papa's tub. He is starting to splash and play and really love his bathtime.

Mimi put one of my great-grandmother's quilts down for Riley to lay on and play. He wore himself out.
I love this sweet sweet smile!
We left Gilmer on Sunday after church and a yummy lunch at La Finca and headed to Mt. Pleasant to drop of my dad's car and feed Riley at my brothers. I have some pics of Riley and Norah, but they haven't made it on the computer yet. We hopped in the car and headed for Searcy. Riley was sooooo good and slept the whole way there. I couldn't believe it. He was such a good traveller. That night Riley got to meet two of my favorite people.
Here is Riley with Amy. Amy and I have known each other since middle school. (Pictures of Aunt Terri coming soon. She is the other favorite.)
Riley took a bath at Terri's also. I love that you can see the water ripples.
This picture is for my Dad. Riley wore overalls for the first time. Doesn't he look cute!
I went into the bookstore to see if I could find him a cute little onesie. Well, Harding was struggling with their baby clothes so we just got a picture of Riley in this...

Daddy came with us as our chaperone to keep us out of trouble. He also got to attend Lecturship while he was up there. We met him up at school for lunch one day. It was sooooo beautiful that we decided to have a picnic on the lawn.



Just a cute pic of Riley with Poppy
Riley and Terri had an instant connection and he loved to be carried around like this.

Sweet sleeping baby!
Riley got to hang out with Daddy's and my good friend Andy while he was Searcy. They still weren't quite sure what to think about each other.

This was the only place the internet worked the whole time I was there. I am curious as to what Riley is so interested in.

We left Searcy on Wednesday after 3 great days with Terri. I am so glad she got to meet Riley. I can't wait for them to hang out more in the future. I hope he loves her as much as I do. We left around 7ish, stopped in Arkadelphia at the Crackel Barrell for first breakfast for me and dad and second breakfast for Riley, headed to Mt. Pleasant for some more cousin time and another feeding and then back home to Dallas to see Daddy. This is what Riley looked like after a long day of travel. He was such a good little traveller.

Posted by Picasa

Pictures from our weekend in Oklahoma coming soon! Have a great Monday.

2 comments:

tleaf10 said...

I had a GREAT time too! I love Riley - he is a great traveler, sleeper, waker-upper, and everything in between! It felt so wonderful for ya'll to be here and I can't wait to make a visit to see you ... I know Riley is growing so fast :( Thanks for stocking my fridge with more food than it has ever seen before and making me gain 3 pounds (thanks a lot for that). You are LOVED!

Tyler said...

Wow it is weird watching him grow through the pictures. I hope I can meet him soon. Also weird seeing he and Andy together, I haven't seen him since your wedding. Glad all is well in your world and you have a gorgeous healthy boy.