Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Our first Christmas together I was working retail and didn't get off until like 8 or something. Russell and I went to Ihop for dinner that night cause it was one of the only things open. For the next 4 years that became our tradition. When we moved to Tyler we found a breakfast spot we liked even better and now we spend Christmas Eve there. We do lunch since I participate in the Christmas Eve service at the church. So here are a few pictures from brunch I guess.




Throughout the holiday season I tried to start some traditions that we can do year after year. It is so exciting to see Riley starting these traditions and loving every minute. Since Santa likes to eat cookies we needed to decorate them. He loved doing this. It was one of those times I had to put aside my need for crafty perfection and just let him go. He made a mess but enjoyed every minute and was so proud of himself. Even Daddy joined in on the fun. I love making new traditions.





Overall the cookies turned out great. I can't wait to see how they progress and get better every year.


Since Riley's first Christmas Grandy has picked a time to read Riley "The Night Before Christmas". Since we are living in the same place it's only appropriate for it the actually be the night before christmas. After everyone came to the Christmas Eve service we all came back to the house and enjoyed a meal together. I hope we get to do this every year. I look forward to this.


The last thing was to leave cookies and milk for Santa. Next year I will be a little more prepared and have something for the reindeers.

This was one of the best christmas's we have had and I can't begin to imagine how much fun they are going to be the older Riley gets.

No comments: