Riley is taking a nap, Kenzie (the little girl I keep) is gone for the day and my kitchen is clean. There are other things I could be doing right now like taking down the remnants of Christmas, folding the sheets I washed the other day, or going through some things I need to get rid of. Instead I am sitting here thinking what I want to blog about today. I had planned on putting some pictures of Christmas that I wanted to document, but my computer and camera are not working well together so I will have to wait until I can use Russell's computer.
-
Sorry you don't get to see Christmas right now and that you are stuck reading my ramblings. I thought I might write a few of things down that I want to remember about Riley at 2 and a half years old. He is the funniest little boy I know and most of the time he is so sweet. He talks ALL THE TIME and can say pretty much anything. He is really good with names and remembers really random things all the time. He is still sleeping in a crib because he only climbed out once and decided he didn't want to do that anymore so we have just left him in there. He is pretty close to being potty trained except for the pooping part. He still uses a paci, but that's cause his mom is scared that if she takes it away he will never, ever stop talking. He only gets it at naps and bedtime. He is also a great napper (like 2-3 hours) and I don't want to mess that up. He is just getting good at playing by himself and really starting to use his imagination. He loves to sing. He knows "All the children of the world", "bushel and a peck", "blue skies", "Rock a bye baby", "itsy bitsy spider", "the baseball song", "jingle bells", "ABC's", and that's all I can think of right now. After he performs a song his Grammy taught him how to bow and he says, "Thank you very much" as he is bowing. He can count to 20 and spell his name. OK that's all I can think of right now, but I am sure I will add more as the year goes along.
-
Tomorrow I have my first cake decorating class and I am so excited.This is something I have always wanted to do. I will have pictures of that. Anyways, the boy is awake from his nap. If you made it this long congrats, cause this was a post mostly for me.

1 comment:
Funny, I sat down last night to do the same thing - FINALLY document some of the things that the kids are doing right now. Everyone keeps telling me that I'll forget the cute stuff and wish I'd written it. I'm sure that's true b/c I've already forgotten a lot from Norah's baby stage.
Anyway, if you want a few Christmas pics to post, you can take them from my Shutterfly page.
Also, thanks for writing that he is CONSTANTLY talking b/c that is my biggest problem with Norah right now. Glad to know someone else is suffering from the "Talky Twos".
Post a Comment