Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Epiphany

 Nothing happened today that is really worth remembering at the end of the year, so I am going to blog about something else that happened yesterday. Riley and I had a neat experience that was new for both of us. It's not very often we get to do something new to both of us. 
For those of you that don't know I am a section leader at a Presbyterian church here. I have learned a lot about a different way of worshiping and been introduced to things that I didn't grow up participating in at the CofC. Just a few of the neat things have been the Good Friday service and most recently the Christmas Eve service that they model after the Moravian love feast. Anyways, this leads me to what I am blogging about. Unknown to me until just this year is the observance of Epiphany which is done today. It is the 12th day after Christmas and from what I read it is considered to be the day that the wise men met baby Jesus. (On a whole other separate note Riley decided that baby Jesus slept in a nest when he was born, not a manger. Just wanted to make sure I remember that in 50 years.) So, the choir had a 12th day party last night (one day early) and apparently it's when you burn your Christmas tree as long as you used a real one. I really do learn something new everyday. 

Here are a few pictures of Riley at the party. 

This is the trees burning.
 This is Riley watching the trees burn. He was really impressed.

I really enjoy the group of people I sing with and feel so blessed to have them in my life.

No comments: