A few of the blogs I read have inspired me to choose one word to define how I want to live during 2011. They all posted their words within a few days of the New Year. I liked the idea a lot. I have finally decided what I want my word for the year to be. The scripture I chose to learn at the beginning of this year is James 1:2-3 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance." I chose this verse for the reason that it is asking me to be joyful about the tough things that are going on in my life and I needed that right then. This verse is something I want to be able to apply to the way that I live my life and so I decided to choose the word JOY and make that my word for the year. All kinds of joy. I want to be joyful as a mother regardless of what Riley throws my way, I want to work my jobs with joy, I want to be able to be a joyful wife. I looked up Joy and one the definitions was:
"the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying"
and not only should I feel joy because of something good or satisfying, but I am called to feel joy when my life is not good or satisfying. Another word used to help define joy was "contentment" and I was really drawn to that. When I think of "happy" and "delight" I don't ever think of contentment. But is soo works. In order to have joy I need to be content about what is going on not matter what.
I realize this isn't going to be an easy task, but I guess I am not asking for easy. I want to have joy in everything. I can't wait for my one word journey to begin.
I didn't proof this so if anything is wrong sorry and I hope I made sense, if not oh well, cause "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart".


1 comment:
Nice Post!
I would like to know more about your blog. You may also visit my blog and tell me what you think.
Post a Comment