Today I was lucky enough to get a morning and part of my afternoon to myself. Russell had a tournament and Riley was spending the day with his Grammy. They went to the Discovery Science Place and apparently had a great time. I was able to spend time cooking with no interruptions and eating my lunch with no interruptions. I spent the rest of my time mixing icing colors, 9 to be exact and then decorating cookies for a friends baby shower tomorrow. I always enjoy getting to do something artsy, but I could not decorate cookies every day of my life. I'll take a better picture of them tomorrow. The icing is still setting so I can't plate them yet.
My boys are cuddling on the couch right now watching Larry Boy and the Fib from Outer Space. It is Riley's new favorite. We watched it 3 times on Friday and I think we have watched at least once a day during a breathing treatment. So since Monday this makes about 10 times that we have seen it.
-
One more funny story to post and then I will be done. Here is a little history. We have been working on colors for a long time now and about 3-4 months ago he was so NOT interested in colors. He would change the subject when you tried to ask him what color something was. He could match the colors and he could give you the color you asked for (most of the time) but he really didn't want anything to do with it. Well, in the past 2 weeks it has all clicked. He just got it. So, we are down to 2 paci's at our house. One is red and one is green. This morning he wakes up about 6:45am cause he lost his paci. I go in to give it to him and I can't find it so I just give him the spare. It's the green one. He looks at me and says, "No, I don't want the green one I want the red one." I proceed to tell him I can't find it and that the green one is fine. He looks at me again and says, "I need the red one not the green one". It's 6:45 and I am not really in the mood to argue. Luckily I was able to find the red one, but it didn't matter he climbed out about 10 minutes later and needed to watch sesame street.

1 comment:
Those look oh so yummy. Jealous I can't eat any!
Post a Comment